Let the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities keep you up-to-date on all things in the arts this weekend. Here’s what’s happening November 6-8:
- Now in its second year, FotoWeekDC returns to the District. This year’s competition includes 3,500 entries from 39 state and 28 countries. This year’s event is sure to be even bigger and better than last year. Visit FotoWeekDC for information on this week-long showcase.
- Lens Caps and Shoulder Straps, a showcase of six local photographers focusing on street scenes, graffiti and skateboarding. Join Steve Espejo, Boney Starks, Dafna Steinberg, Sean O’Grady, Hatnim Lee, and Jose Varela tonight at 6pm at the Rock ‘n Roll Hotel.
- Albus Cavus is taking advantage of one of the last warm weekends in DC, and hoping to finish their mural on Sherman Ave. NW. Join them on Saturday between 1pm and 5pm to see their progress, learn the basics of spray paint and paint with them!
- Grantee Aysha Upchurch presents her Life, Rhythm, Move project: Join them at Dance Place for their season opening concert that showcases their lighthearted and serious sides on Saturday at 8pm and Sunday at 4pm.
- Art Whino and WHALER’s Creation present “Old Skoolin’ for the Children,” a compilation of visual and musical artists to support foster care and adoption programs. On Saturday, there will be a live art showcase hosted by Darryl “DMC” McDaniels of Run-DMC. Watch as Brandon Hill, Aniekan Udofia, Decoy, Tim Conlon and 100 others bring their art from the streets to Portals Theatre. Buy tickets here.