Dial into the Arts with DC Creates! Public Art and Murals DC!
The DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities is pleased to present a citywide cell phone tour of public art destinations. By dialing a local phone number and pressing the assigned stop number, members of the public are connected to the voice of the artist as each describe the materials, meaning and inspiration involved in the creation of their work. DCCAH has launched this program with two projects, MuralsDC 2009 and Windows into DC.
The local dial-in number is 202.292.2565.
Please see the assigned stop numbers below that are associated with each project.
- Press No. 15 for the Walter Pierce Park by Aniekan Udofia
- Press No. 16 for 3904 14th Street, NW by Words Beats and Life
- Press No. 17 314 Carroll Street, NW by Words Beats and Life
- Press No. 18 907 Barry Place, NW by Albus Cavus
- Press No. 19 615 Division Ave, NE by Ward 7 Arts Collaborative
- Press No. 20 1320B Good Hope Road, SE by Helping Inner City Kids Succeed
- Press No. 1 for JAS
- Press No. 2 for Kelly Towles
- Press No. 3 for New Community for Children
- Press No. 4 for Aniekan Udofia
- Press No. 5 for Cory Oberndorfer
- Press No. 6 for Amber Robles-Gordon
- Press No. 7 for Beth Baldwin
- Press No. 8 for Anne Marchand
- Press No. 9 for Michael Dax Iacovone
- Press No. 10 for Liani Foster
- Press No. 11 for Eve Hennessa
- Press No. 12 for Colin Winterbottom
- Press No. 13 for Michael Platt and Carol Bean
- Press No. 14 for Tim Conlon
For more information, contact Zoma Wallace.